Friday, June 27, 2008

foody friday

It's Foody Friday again at Jenny's blog: a-latte-talk. I've missed the past couple of weeks, but tried a handful of the recipes that others submitted. It was fun to get some new ideas! Today's theme is "drinkables." Summer time rolls around and I always get a craving for Russian Tea. It reminds me of my dear friend, Megan. No, she is not Russian, but she used to make this years ago when we were roommates at Northwestern. I guess it just brings back pleasant memories. The main ingredient is Tang. Tang kind of ranks right up there with Kool-Aid and Velveeta for me. Fake juice and fake cheese. Sometimes though....you just gotta do it. It is super tasty!

Russian Tea Mix

1 cup Tang
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup instant tea
3T. sweetened lemonade mix
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

Mix all of these ingredients well. Store in an airtight glass or plastic container.

1 Tablespoon per 1 cup of HOT or COLD water. I prefer it as a cold drink.

Enjoy!

No comments: