Thursday, July 17, 2008

a "musical" birthday greeting

Our video camera is broken, so unfortunately I can't record this. I would love to post it. Maybe instead you can imagine this.

So, I received a birthday card (early) the other day. It's one of those singing cards where you open it and it greets you with a song. Jeneva has gotten such a kick out of it. I don't think she will ever need an i-pod. Just give her an assortment of musical greeting cards to listen to. Anyway, she's been opening this one constantly for the past two days (thank you Joanne Roetlin). Needless to say, she has the song memorized. So, now, imagine her singing this song all day:

"I think I'll take a moment. Celebrate my age. The ending of an era (she says "errand") the turning of a page. Now it's time to focus in on where I go from here. Lord have mercy on my next thirty years."

She told me that the guy who sings this song must love God because he sings "lord have mercy."

I think we have a budding country fan in our home. She's even got the country twang thing down. Move over Go Fish....Tim McGraw is coming to town!

2 comments:

jomm said...

Happy Birthday, Tiffany!! Hope it is a fun day and the year ahead is filled with many blessings!!
Love, Joann

Anonymous said...

Oh you need to put a video of Jeneva singing that song on here - everyone wants to hear that. Loving thoughts sent your way today. You are a very special neice - knew that the minute I held you as a baby!!!! XXXXOOOOOO