Saturday, July 26, 2008

laughing in church

Tonight we were sitting in church, me, Steve, and Jeneva. Pastor John was preaching and like usual he was using a lot of hand motions. If you've ever heard him preach, you know that he is a very passionate (for lack of a better description, maybe expressive, humorous, intense...) preacher. Tonight was no exception. Whenever people chuckled a little bit, Jeneva would belt out a big laugh too. Of course we knew she wasn't really laughing because she "got it"...she was merely copying the adults as if she was one of us. Yes, it's kind of cute, but at one point, I kind of nudged her. She leaned over to me and whispered (rather loudly) in my ear: "When John Piper shouts, it just makes me want to shout too!" The energy is contagious apparently.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

He WAS pretty animated tonight! That's awesome.

Jenna said...

jeneva CRACKS me up. i love, love, love her jenevisms.