Thursday, July 10, 2008

a day at the falls






Today I needed to spend some time with Jeneva! She was hanging out with everyone else in her social circle this week EXCEPT for me. I was beginning to miss her. Alas, we headed to the Minnehaha Falls for some splish-splashing-fun and the chance to enjoy God's BEAUTIFUL creation.

I put the pictures of the steps in there to show you where we started out. Yes, at the top. Surely there was a place to take a stroller down. Nope. I completely forgot about that. How are we going to get Jude down? A couple of nice folks offered to help. I declined. Our stroller folds up freakishly small. It's a Combi. It's lighter than a generic umbrella stroller. I folded it up, strapped it on my back and carried my 20# baby down 100 steps. Getting down wasn't too difficult. Going back up was the challenge. My cross country years are long past. And now I believe I need to visit the chiropractor.

It was a good day. I've kind of felt like a tourist in my own town lately. Maybe next week we'll ride the light rail to the Mall of America. :)

7 comments:

Yvette said...

Wow! You go girl. I have a Combi too (they have the best folds), but I'm not sure I'd have ventured all those steps. Isn't that a great park? I took my kids there last summer, but I had my large double jogger. So we stayed up top and watched the falls from above.

I took Henri on the lightrail with our Combi to the MOA a few years ago. Worked great. An old neighbor was shocked that I had never taken the city bus before and insisted we go out. We took the 5 downtown and hopped on the lightrail. It was very slick aside from the fight that broke out on the bus that caused the bus driver to pull over and call the police, forcing the perpetrators off.

Hope you get out to do some more summery, touristy things with your kiddos!

Shari said...

Hey, let us know if you'd like some company.. the boys have been asking FOREVER to ride on the lite rail. :o)

Anonymous said...

We had a Combi for Orison, and I loved it. BUT, back then they didn't have car seats that snapped in. So now I'm thinking of getting a newer one. Do you have the full travel system thing?

tiffany said...

Yvette: Wow! You rode the 5? That's a tough bus line. Steve used to ride it to work downtown. He was always glad that he looks sort of "tough" anyway. :)

Molly: The combi I have is not a travel system. I think Combi does have a travel system now though. We just didn't need to buy the whole set because we already had a car seat. Of course, even though it's probably bigger than mine, they are probably are still pretty sleek! :) Oh, one thing I don't like is that the basket underneath the seat is hard to access AND it's hard to recline the seat.

Annika said...

It looks like great fun. It makes me a little jealous of the beautiful state you live in :) Have a great day! We are off to swim in this hot humid IA weather!

Erin said...

Megan is rubbing off on you. Nice shots. How's the back?

Rachel said...

Bravo again Super-Mama! It was fun to see the pictures of your adventure after hearing about all about it.

We missed you at the lake this morning!