Tuesday, February 10, 2009

jeneva's up and movin' to antarctica

me: Jeneva, please go and sort the laundry that is piled up in my room.

j: Not again! I just did it last week. I really don't want to.

me: Well, you don't have a choice. You're part of this family and we all need to help out.

j: Well, then I'm gonna move away.

me: Where are you going to go?

j: Antarctica.

me: How are you going to get there?

j: I'll walk.

me: How long will it take you?

j: 77 hours

me: What will you take with you?

j: My boots and stuff to build a fort with.

me: Where will you live?

j: In my fort.

me: What will you do there?

j: Run around to stay sweaty. It's really cold there ya know.

me: When are you going to leave?

j: I'll have to leave in the morning so I have time to pack all of my things (her boots?:).

Then I'll start walking and if I get tired I'll stop and rest on a bench. Then when I get to Iowa, I'll stop at Grandma and Grandpa's house and sleep for one night.

In the morning, if it's okay with Grandpa, I'll go for a ride in a horse and buggy when it goes past their house. They'll take me a little ways and then drop me off.

Then I'll walk the rest of the way to Antarctica. And if I get tired, I'll just stop and take a rest on a bench again.

7 comments:

Jenna said...

I giggled all the way through this post!

She's got the concept of hitch hiking down.

And she's got the sleeping-on-benches homeless routine down.

I think my favorite part is what she's gonna do: "Run around to stay sweaty."

Way to go, Tiffany! I wouldn't have asked all those great questions.

Erin said...

I'm impressed she knew which direction to go! Was she as matter of fact and levelheaded about the whole thing as it sounds? Good thing she's checking with Grandpa about the horse and buggy. What an amazing planner you've got!

iowagramma said...

Tell her I'll talk with Willis Mast, our Amish neighbor, and we'll have a horse and buggy waiting. Does she want to sleep in our upstairs or downstairs bedroom when she's here? Looking forward to seeing her!!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! She's going to love hearing that story when she grows up!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, hilarious post. She is such a character-I love her.

Sara

Marie said...

Oh, that is so great! She is a funny girl. It was so hilarious having her around the nursery on Sunday... she was interpreting Jude's grunt for me :)
Jude: grunt grunt
Jeneva: "Oh, that means that he wants to play with a turtle."

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - if she can hitch a ride to Ohio she could catch a ride on a buggy for a little ways here too. Love it !!!!