Monday, February 16, 2009

a five minute interview with the five year old....just for fun

Why do you think that we gave you the name Jeneva Rae?

Because it means Juniper Tree and it means Purity. I don't know why you named me Rae though. (rae is my middle name too)


How many brothers and sisters would you like to have?

5 brothers and 6 sisters. (um, not likely)


What is your favorite color?

Purple. (yesterday it was pink)


What is God like?

God likes me. I think he would like the beautiful world He made. He's Faithful and He's Good and Kind and Holy. (good answer!)


If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I would go to New York to visit Samantha's uncle (American Girl). (of course!)


What do you want to be when you get bigger?

I want to be a Police Girl. (i'm laughing out loud!)


What's your favorite thing to do in your free time?

Go to the park and ice skate in the winter and summer and fall and spring. (ice skating year round in Minnesota....quite possible!)


What is one thing that Mommy has taught you.

Reading. (almost. not quite yet.)


What is one thing that Papa has taught you?

To ride on my bike without training wheels. (yep! age four!)


Who is one person you really admire?

Carlie. (jeneva met carlie last week for the first time when she babysat. must have made a good impression:)


What is one thing that you wish you could do that only adults do?

Do whatever I want to and obey God all of the time. (um. yeah right.)


What is your favorite book?

The Fairy book you gave to me for Valentine's Day. (she's definitely ALL girl)


What is something you could do to make the world more beautiful?

Plant trees and grapes and flowers. (good idea!)


How old are Grandpa and Grandma?

Maybe 21 or something. Well, older than that. Well, I think it's maybe 88 or 22 or 5. I really don't know. (is that offensive or flattering?)


If you could speak another language, what would you like to speak?

Chinese. (please pray for acceptance to the Chinese Immersion school!!)


What is something you want to do when you are 6?

Do all of the regular things that 6 year olds do. (duh, mom)


What is something that you wish you wouldn't have done?

Lying. (me too!)


What is something you are glad that you have done?

Counting to ten in Spanish. Oh and learning how to talk like a robot. (i don't know what's up with the robot thing!)


What do you think about Jude?

I love him and I think he's just silly and great and I just admire him so much! (i'm almost in tears!)


What is something that would make you cry?

Spanks. (it does)


What is something that would make you laugh really hard?

Tickling. (me too. i HATE being tickled though.)

8 comments:

Jenna said...

I LOVE this. You are such a great conversationalist! You ask good questions and draw people out...even your five year old. Love that about you!!! This would be a good "meme" to tag people with kids! Maybe, I'll take the initiative and give my boys the same interview.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Tiff you are soooo creative in your parenting & I just LOVE the answers of your sweet daughter. You made me laugh out loud and teary eyed all in one post. Love & miss you guys.

Annika said...

I love your interview! I am going to follow suit like Jenna and do this with my kiddo's! Great idea from a great momma!!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I agree with everyone else that you are super creative. I think I too will copy your lead and "interview" the kids.

Did you find the bear and little blue bag? Like you have nothing better to do with your time?:)

Dina

.kp. said...

can i totally borrow these questions? fabulous!

Bobbi Kenow said...

Don't tell Carlie!! It will go straight to her head! She said she had a blast watching the kids! :)

Marty Schauer said...

What a joy to read! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! i love this. I'm going to do it soon. So fun to read.