Sunday, November 30, 2008

a-z tag

We just returned from visiting the Dykstra family in Wisconsin. I have some fun pictures to post later. We also just got back our family photos from the best photographer ever, Megan Quist Photography and they turned out awesome! Thanks, Megs! I can't wait to post those later too. Blogging about anything significant lately has been at the bottom of my "to-do" list, but I did get tagged recently by Sara so here goes...

A. Attached or single? attached....and head over heels....

B. Best friend? What is this? High School? :) I have several close girl friends. I am thankful. Very, very thankful.

C. Cake or pie? depends on the occasion, the type of pie, and the thickness of the frosting on the cake.

D. Day of choice? Wednesday

E. Essential item? eye liner

F. Favorite color? kelly green, olive green, red

G. Gummy bears or worms? neither

H. Home town? Kalona

I. Favorite indulgence? jeans, coffee (I indulge myself daily with that one), turtle cake

J. January or July? July

K. Kids? Jeneva (5) and Jude (12 months)

M. Marriage date? 07/28/2001

N. Number of brothers and sisters? 2 younger brothers - Michael and Matthew

O. Oranges or Apples? Grapefruit

P. Phobias? very small tight places

Q. Quotes?

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond comparison." 2 Corinthians 4:16-17

“We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.” ~C.S. Lewis

"To know Christ, this is Life!" ~Elisabeth Prentiss

"Gratitude is past-oriented dependence; faith is future-oriented dependence. Both forms of dependence are humble, self-forgetting and God-exalting. If we do not believe that we are deeply dependent on God for all we have or hope to have, then the very spring of gratitude and faith runs dry."
~John Piper (A Godward Life)

"I bet as I grow bigger, my tastebuds will grow bigger too and then I will like mushrooms." ~Jeneva (4)

R. Reasons to smile? God's grace

S. Season of choice? anything warm

T. Tag 1 person: Kristy

U. Unknown fact about me? Whenever this question is asked, I always blurt out the whole 6th finger story......why can't I think of anything else? I always feel like everyone knows everything already. So, for lack of creativity......I was born with 6 fingers on one hand.

V. Vegetable? corn on the cob

W. Worst Habit? inconsistency

X. Xray or ultrasound? I was just about to make a comment about what kind of crazy question is this when I realized that these are all alphabetical questions. WOW! I missed that one. I guess I would choose ultrasound.

Y. Your favorite food? Mexican, Indian, Thai

Z. Zodiac sign? Cancer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Fantastic catch on the alphabetical piece!!! :) So fun to read. Love you - and your pictures are AMAZING! That would be A-MAZING!!!!!

Unknown said...

Where is L? :-)

Marie said...

I love those photos (saw them on facebook). Good choice of photographer! :)