Thursday, November 20, 2008

random family update 2

These random updates work better now than real blog posts. So, here goes....

~Jude's two words are "hi" and "goot" (while pointing)
~Jeneva likes to "legato" and "staccato" while listening to classical music. She finally pronounces "classical" correctly. She used to say "plastical".
~I am making bracelets for the craft boutique this weekend. Fun!
~Steve is taking Jeneva on a "date" tonight.
~Jude still just likes to crawl and not walk.
~I just finished the book A Thousand Splendid Suns. Read it.
~We are still visiting and applying at various schools. I'm glad for the choices!
~No major home improvements going on right now. Hallelujah! I'm not saying that there's nothing to be done. Oh no. There's plenty to be done, but nothing in the works. No messes.
~I filled up my gas tank for $1.73. Woohoo!
~We have the greatest small group evah!
~Jude has a mouth full of teeth. His favorite foods are peas and sausage and raisins. Odd.
~Jeneva's favorite is Wheat Thins dipped in Hummus.
~My favorite thing to eat is what other people make.

That's all I can think of right now in this five minutes that I spared to write this post. Nothing too exciting....just normal life I guess. For that I am THANKFUL! If I don't post in the next week, Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

i love reading posts like this.

e&e said...

Thanks for letting us "check in" on you. I'm also a big fan of "whatever other people make" for food, as well as "whatever other people clean up."

So if you are parched for post fodder, do tell more about what the book is about and what school choices you are considering and why.

And can I just say, I can't believe you (and I, I guess) have a (nearly) school-age child?

elisa

Sara said...

I love that Jeneva got to go on a date with her daddy! At some point I would like Dave to start that with Morgan. Is this the first time? I think it's such a great idea.
By the way - I love this way of blogging. I feel like I haven't had time to post what I want so maybe I should try this too.

Anonymous said...

And we have the best small group leaders EVAH!

Sara

tiffany said...

Hey Sara (Chupp:)
This was kind of Steve's first time intentionally taking Jeneva out. They went to Caribou Coffee and Jeneva got a reindeer drink :). They read books there and then went to Target to pick up a few things. It doesn't have to be a big event. We try and keep it inexpensive or free. He has taken her fishing a couple of times too. I think just the time spent alone with her (without baby brother) is important even if for only an hour or two.

Anonymous said...

dang - you got a small gas tank.