Thursday, November 6, 2008

demolition first birthday cake

I can't believe he turned one on November 1! This year went by so quickly.


Jude's golden birthday was on a Saturday. It doesn't get much better than that. Michael and Megan and Grandma and Grandpa Stutzman celebrated with us. We missed Matt, hence the missing person in the family photo.



Can you tell what the cake is? Uncle Mike was the decorator. Yes, Mike has many talents. Cake decorating apparently is one of them. I decided against the three dimensional cake this time around. Jeneva's was too complicated and caused me much stress.


goin' in for the kill...

"Oh my. This is the best. Sugar. I love it. Why hasn't anyone fed me sugar before. This is the most fun I have have my WHOLE life."


"What? Do I have food on my face or something?"

"The destruction could continue into the night....if it weren't for my mom and her obsession with clean floors."

Fistfulls of sweet goodness.

Oh yes, and there were gifts too. Jude got some very nice toys and clothes. I shop thrift stores for toys and clothes, so it's kind of fun to get "new" stuff too!

"I've got the coolest dad, EVER and I think he likes my tool kit and goggles more than me yet."

Happy Birthday, Jude! We love you tons and tons and thank God for your life EVERY DAY!

5 comments:

Annika said...

Looks like fun! Great cake :) Did Jude sleep that night after his sugar high?

tiffany said...

Annika~ Yes, I was a little bit embarrassed for you to see the cake...since you are THE master cake decorator. :) If you didn't live so far away I may have hired you....

Anonymous said...

Oh I love love love it!!! One already and I still haven't held the guy. Looks like fun and brings back many memories. Was the cake the lion of Jud---ah?!! I didn't know Mike could make cakes - I thinks he's ready to be a dad!!!!!!

tiffany said...

Laverta~ Actually was a tiger. Lion of Jud---ah. He was a lion (Aslan) for halloween. Funny, haven't heard that one before! Ha! I hear you may be in Iowa at Christmas? Maybe then you could hold him. :)

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Happy Birthday little dude. What fun. Love the cake and am so impressed that your brother (?????) did the decorating. Time flies by, happy first birthday Jude!!!