Saturday, September 27, 2008

random family update

~Jude's favorite activities include: climbing the stairs, turning the water on in the bathtub (not while he's in the tub, but while he is out of the tub just standing over the edge), eating, nursing (this kid is going to be hard to wean!), chasing Jeneva around the house, saying "hi", waving, riding in his carseat facing forward, and doing sign language for "more" and "all done."

~Jeneva has been taking a David Danced class on Monday afternoons. They learn to perfom biblical stories through dance. This afternoon we went with our friends Heather and Madeline to see a performance that her dance teacher, Mrs. Alness, was a part of called The Supercilious Ways of Walter Wading.

~On Tuesday I got to sub at Hope Academy. It felt so good to be in the classroom again! I've missed teaching at Heritage Christian Academy. We are considering Hope for Jeneva. We really appreciate the mission of the school, the teachers, and have heard lots of good things about it. It would be more affordable for us than other Christian schools. We aren't opposed to public schools at all, it's just that we are in the Minneapolis district and that seems a bit frightening to me (okay, a lot frightening). We are still planning on checking out the elementary down the street from us though.

~Last night Steve and I enjoyed going out...kidless! We went to Cafe Latte in St. Paul for dinner and dessert. That place is definitely a favorite! Then we drove down by St. Anthony Main and walked under the new bridge. It's enormous!

~Jeneva's favorite activities are riding her scooter and doing "math." I hated math when I was a kid, so I'm hoping she takes after Steve in that area.

~I am anticipating getting my wisdom teeth pulled. Yes, I'm 30 and still got em and they hurt! Now that I will be done nursing soon, I will have no excuse to not make an appointment!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I still have my wisdom teeth, too. They all came in straight and I'm convinced they need to come out, but the docs always say they're just fine. strange.

I can't get over Jude becoming a toddler. I thought he would be four months old forever.

jomm said...

Hi Tiffany,
Ok, I am SURE there have been entries to your blog that I have read and later when I come back they have dissapeared. (At least 3 times) Am I going crazy?? Am I imagining things?? Am I senile??

I LOVE keeping up with you through this blog....and the pictures of the kiddos are so precious!!

Love, Joann

melissa said...

ooh, love Cafe Latte! that makes me think i have to get my hubby out there for dessert, too. kidless. :)

tiffany said...

Joann~ It has happened twice! I go back to edit a post and it disappears. I don't think it's happened more than two times. Then I can't find it anywhere and get frustrated, but don't have time to rewrite it. One time I did actually delete a post, but that was awhile back. Sometimes blogger does weird things apparently. :)
~Tiffany

Marie said...

You should read the chapter on public schools in Al Mohler's book, Culture Shift. I've worked in several public schools, and the more I worked there, the more I was absolutely sure that my children would never be entering the public school system. Anyways... If you want to borrow the book, I would be happy to lend it to you :)

P.S. I am just getting my wisdom teeth now, then dentist says I'm weird! :)