Thursday, September 11, 2008

a little girl's dream come true

Or should I say MY childhood dream just came true. I remember as a little girl looking inside of doll houses and imagining myself living inside of it. I even found myself reclaiming that childhood dream when we went to the 8th floor of Dayton's at Christmas time a couple of years ago to see the Mary Poppin's display. Part of me wanted to just crawl into the set and arrange all of the little miniatures. Just last week, my dear friend, Sara, in her endeavors to clean out a room in her basement came across a childhood favorite of hers. This doll house. Sara does not have a daughter yet, so wanted another little girl to be able to enjoy it! Jeneva is so lucky! Here is a little tour of the new "home" inside of our home.

The upstairs kids bedroom. The orange furniture goes so well with the green carpet and retro wallpaper.


Dare I say....this bathroom is cooler than my own bathroom!


The dining room complete with a table set for four, a high chair and a grandfather clock.


Another bedroom complete with the latest furniture fashions....including a record player. I wonder if we could hook up an i-pod to that! Ha!


This kitchen IS bigger than my own!


Here is the basement rec room. The striped wallpaper makes the ceilings look higher don't you think?!


The best part is the garage....complete with a 1976 Chevy Impala!

She refused to smile nice for this picture (she's stubborn like her father:) and she plays with it for hours. Josh and Levi are even here right now and playing with it!

10 comments:

e&e said...

How beautiful and appropriate for a sweet little Jeneva!

When Mari was born a dear friend also passed along a huge, wonderful dollhouse. So far all Mari's done to it is climb on it, color on it, and try to eat the furniture. Joshua, however, begs to play with it and does well the few times I've let him (which, if Eric had his way, would be never).

Thanks for sharing!
elisa

Annika said...

What a great gift! We had a doll house growing up and would spend hours playing.

Yvette said...

That totally would be a dream come true for me too! Oh how I wanted a doll house with all the little furniture when I was a little girl! I LOVE the retro look of it. :) How fun for Jeneva (and YOU too).

Jenna said...

That's so COOL! It looks so real. Enjoy it, Tiffany, er...I mean, Jeneva!

Shari said...

That is so fun!!! Love it! When can I come play?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!! The garage is fantastic and the little lady's frizzy hair... to die for!

Jenny said...

Oh. my. word.

That is awesome. Our dollhouse is totally empty, the furniture is all moveable, but this... amazing.

Girls night... Tiffany's house. Forget the Abba sing-along.

Marie said...

Wowwwww... Haha, I would also love to play with that dollhouse! Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is sooo cool - all the colors when I was growing up-Earth tones!!!! I too would've thought I'd died and gone to heaven to have a doll house like that when I was a little girl - you go ahead Tiff and you play to your hearts content - you'll be a better mommy!!!

Anonymous said...

Is that the hubby sitting in his bedroom waiting for his breakfast?? Also, I think the lady of the house must have skipped her last hair appt. LOL