Tuesday, September 16, 2008

get lost!

That's totally what happened. We got lost in the corn maze for over an hour! The directions were terrible, but the kids were troopers. Dina and I took the kids to Apple Jack Orchards on Saturday. We spent the majority of our time there wishing that a helicopter would come and rescue us and that there wouldn't be any mysterious creatures lurking among the ears. There were a lot of "corny" jokes being told to make the time go by faster. We also had to be quiet because there were a lot of "ears" listening. Haha. Get it? That one comes from my father...I was basically raised in a corn field. You would think with my upbringing I would have been better able to navigate my way through a corn maze. That wasn't the case apparently.

Here are the kids at the beginning of the maze....oblivious to what was ahead.

Jude was a real trooper, but absolutely no help in getting us out.

Here are Lydia and Jeneva trying to read the directions.

The story does have a happy ending. We did get out....but not through the exit. We ended up cutting through the corn. I hope no one saw us. Eventually we got to enjoy what we went there for. Picking apples and raspberries! It rained. A lot. We continued to pick despite the weather. Fun! It really was quite an enjoyable time, but needless to say the kids were exhausted by the end....as were the mommies. Good thing we had the remainders of our Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiatos from the morning on the way home to keep us going...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am jealous of the sweatshirts... It is 95 here this morning. Fall? What fall...

we did have fun swimming the other night though :-)

Rachel said...

What a great place to get lost!!

Anonymous said...

When you told me you got lost in the corn maze I thought you meant like in the romantic way-like "we lost ourselves in the fun and wonderment", not actually getting lost like you did. I heard someone today complaining of those annoying people who cut through corn mazes. I think they saw you.

Sara

Unknown said...

I can't wait to go to our local corn maze/pumpkin patch/petting zoo this year! I have been looking for apple orchards, and haven't found any so far. :( Your pictures are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

What a good mommy to take your kids thru a corn maze - I never could take my kids to those - I am sooo claustrophobic and one time I went thru one of those hay bale mazes but the ONLY reason I bucked up & went is because it was a date and didn't want to look like a wimp but I thought I was going to die in there. Glad you found your way out even if you had to cheat :-)