Friday, August 15, 2008

what do they do in iowa anyway?


This is for those of you who always wonder what we do when we go to Iowa to visit my side of the family and Wisconsin to visit Steve's side. First, I will take you on a little trip to Iowa where we visit my parents. You can get a little glimpse of our life 5 hours south.


My mom and dad. Also known as Gramma and Grampa Stutzman. J & J are their first grandkids. My youngest brother Matt lives with them in the summer, but just moved back to Virginia where he is a senior at Eastern Mennonite University.

Jeneva and Jude are obsessed with all of the cats. I'm not so much. :)



We enjoy cozying up by the fire pit.


Jeneva likes to squawk at grampa's turkeys.


We take a walk down the 'path.' (jeneva calls gravel roads, paths.)

Here's the pond. We don't do much in it yet, but I suspect when Jude gets older, he'll be interested in finding creatures in there.


We enjoy my grandma's gardens. Seriously, my parents could have been landscapers. I certainly did not inherit that gene of theirs! That really is unfortunate.


Did I mention that the kids are obsessed with kitties?


We visit my aunt and uncles dairy farm.


The space. Oh the space to run! Jeneva spends a lot of time just running around. This is the barn that Steve risked his life to make red!


More fun at the firepit!


I wonder what they are discussing?


We also enjoy a visit with Great Gramma Stutzman


and Great Gramma Roth.

Next time we'll take you on a journey to Wisconsin to see Steve's side of the family!

6 comments:

Amber said...

It looks beautiful, what great memories. Our kids too love to be roaming around at my moms house. Don't you miss living in the country?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful pictures of your times in Iowa! What a special place. You can enjoy living in the big city but have a great escape-you are blessed!

Sara

Rachel said...

What a dream! Every child needs a place like this to go too!!

jomm said...

What beautiful pictures, Tiffany! And did you notice....Jeneva and Great Grandma Roth have the same smiles. :) ~~Joann

Yvette said...

Oh the farms look like so much fun for the kids!

Anonymous said...

Wow I grew up there and the first picture of the barn had me stumped for awhile - I guess I'm not used to it being red and from the angle you took it - really nice pics and took me back to when my kids were little & visiting there - often didn't see them much until we got back in the car to go home!!! :-)