Saturday, August 2, 2008

use the bike path!

We are fortunate in this city to have access to so many bike paths. There are trails everywhere. In fact we are a one car family because my husband quite often will bike himself to work downtown which is only 4 miles. Why is it then that some choose to use the road instead of the freshly paved, well marked, smoother-than-the-road bike path 3 feet away? It especially drives me nuts when there is heavy car traffic. We were driving along St. Anthony Parkway this morning and someone headed towards me was passing a biker and nearly crashed in to me. Yes, that driver should have been more cautious, but why wasn't the biker using the bike path? I understand if there is not a bike path close by, but that was not the case this morning. Is this frustrating to anyone else?

4 comments:

Jenna said...

yes!!

Erin said...

I am SOOOOO glad you brought this up. It always makes me nuts! What, are they too "fast" for the bike path? I do not understand it!

Dawn S. said...

YES!! and SO annoying when you are downtown and they pretend they are a car. Stopped at the light. in front of my car. Get OVER yourselves, I say!

Jenny said...

Although (just have to be the dissenting voice), as a slooooow biker with a trailer behind and a 6 year old riding in front of me, it freaks. me. out. when one of those serious road bikers whizzes past us on the trail. Corene is so erratic, she doesn't really ride straight, and it's kinda freaky.

As a driver, I agree with you.
As a biker, I want those hotshots to stay on the road.

:)