Friday, May 23, 2008

a recipe for homemade band-aids

Okay, I hope you're not sick of "Jeneva conversations." She's been full of them lately! So, yesterday evening we were at Target buying band-aids. Jeneva picked out some Hello Kitty ones. Of course. As we were taking them off of the shelf I made a comment to myself about how they were even on sale. Jeneva then said "What!? They're on sale? SWEET!" I guess she gets just as excited about a sale as I do! As we were walking to the check-out our conversation went something like this:

J: Do you know how band-aids are made, Mom?

Me: No idea.

J: But mom, you know how to make EVERYTHING! (ego boost....score!)

Me: Interesting that you think so, hon.

J: Well, I think I know how you make band-aids. First you get some wax paper. Then you get some sticky stuff like glue and you put it together. Then you find an artist and have them paint stuff on the band-aids....like Hello Kitty and Sponge Bob. Except that we don't watch Sponge Bob, but some people so, so they need band-aid's with Sponge Bob on them. We just get the Hello Kitty ones because Hello Kitty is good, right mom?

Me: Yes, Jeneva, I think you are just right.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Couldn't POSSIBLY tire of hearing Jeneva conversations. They're definitely entertaining!!!

By the way, I just bought a book called, "Transformed" all about how things are made. Band-aids are in it!

I know after our kids have watched us make laundry detergent and crackers, they DO think we can make anything. And, we probably COULD if we had factory in our basement that could process polymer!

Annika said...

Too cute :) made me smile on this dreary day!
Annika