Friday, August 17, 2012

not the happiest post i've ever written

I am beyond crabby today.  The word crabby doesn't even suffice.  I am irritated, annoyed, tired, sinful, burdened and have a very heavy heart. 

I am irritated with these dumb curtain rods I'm trying to hang in the babies room.  How can something seemingly so simple be so frustrating?

I am annoyed because I have seven weeks left in my pregnancy and I'm already sleeping just awful.

I'm tired because I'm sleeping horribly.

I am ever so aware of my sin, my obsession with the world, and my distance from God right now.

I'm burdened because I feel like there's so much to do and really all I want to do is sit on the couch with my laptop and a cup of iced tea and no kids in the room.

I have a heavy heart because several dear friends are experiencing serious challenges and I don't know how to help besides pray.

Well kids, someday you'll look back and read this blog and perhaps you'll remember that day (or sequence of days) that mom was a crazy lady.  Or perhaps you'll remember it as the day mom took you to the dentist and was so proud of you there and then just happened to cook a really awesome supper.  Two good things happened today.  Yep, that's about it.  Oh yeah, and the sun shone and it was quite glorious. 

1 comment:

Bobbi Kenow said...

Dearest Tiffany,

I SO appreciate your honesty. I am sorry that you have so much going on right now. I hope you felt a "little" better after letting it out! Thanks for being real. I wish I could be there to hug you!