Saturday, July 4, 2009

a new found appreciation for walmart

So, Jeneva needs glasses. Her eyes aren't too bad. They're 20/30 and she has astigmatism. The doc says her eyes may improve to 20/20 if she wears glasses for awhile.

So on Wednesday we went on a hunt for some frames. We stopped at Super Target first (remember how much I love Target?) The cheapest frames for kids were $99. Ridiculous! I'll pay that much for adult frames, but not kids.

Next we decided to try Walmart. We found frames for $10. TEN DOLLARS! Target had a better selection and were a bit more fashionable, but the Walmart ones were of similar quality AND had a one year warranty.

So, we placed an order at Walmart for her new specs. She's totally stoked and is counting down the days until they arrive. I'm sure in a few years she'll be begging for contacts, but until then, I'll just be excited with her. Oh, and I'll post some pics too. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to know, Tiffany! Nicholas needs new glasses, too, and now we'll know where to head. I'm sure Jeneva will be even cuter with them on!

Anonymous said...

WOW! We will have to go there next time!!!

Dina

Jenny said...

That's where we got Corene's glasses, same deal! I think it was $40 total (her lenses are simple and we got the cheapest kind) AND I can vouch for their warranty. Isaac stepped on them while we were in Sioux Falls this spring, broke them to PIECES. We brought them in and they gave us a whole new pair, just swapped out the lenses. No questions asked, didn't need our reciept, not even the same city as we bought them in. YAY.
Can't beat it.

Caryn said...

Thanks for letting us know! I have to get glasses for Christian so I'm gonna try Wal-Mart.

Dawn S. said...

(late response...)

oh my. When I lost my glasses in 6th grade IF ONLY the frames cost $10!! I was sooooo scared to tell my Dad!