Friday, January 16, 2009

my daughter is so not like me!




Sometimes I feel like a bad mom because I hate playing in the snow. I remember playing in the snow as a child, and I think I liked it. I remember building big tunnels and forts with my brothers and cousins, but I don't think I liked playing in it for hours on end.

I want to be a playful mom who gets all fired up about going outside and playing, but I have to FORCE myself to do it and act like I'm excited about it....for her sake. I've been downhill skiing 3 times in my life (2x in Montana and 1x in Minnesota) and all I needed was about one hour of skiing (or in my case falling and getting bruises) and then just let me hang out in the lodge and drink some hot cocoa.

Jeneva is not like me. She begs to go outside and LOVES it. She was out for 2 hours the other day (it wasn't -30 that day....she's not THAT crazy.) These pictures were taken on the farm in Iowa (hence the tractor...you don't see many of those here in Minneapolis) and I think it was 0 outside with a brutal windchill. That didn't seem to bother her much. She has two winter coats which is good because one is always in the laundry. I'm glad she's an outdoors girl and I'm even more glad that Steve plays in the snow with her so I don't have to.

Because I dislike winter so much, one might wonder WHY I live in Minnesota. I don't HATE winter. I do like to watch it from my window. I like the white and I don't even mind driving in it. I also enjoy wearing boots and who can pass up a good excuse to sleep in?! I am, however, REALLY looking forward to spring.

6 comments:

Annika said...

You are funny! What you need is a huge hill outside your door to sled on, that might get you excited:) We love sledding at our house!

Andrea said...

I thought I was the only one who didn't like playing outside :-) It's fun seeing how extremely similar and different our daughters can be from us.

Unknown said...

Nice seeing you today.
I hope I'm able to get to know your husband a little more. He seems like a great guy.

Unknown said...

Tiffany,
how do you display other people's updated blog posts on the right column of your blog site?

e&e said...

I'm so with you, Tiffany. One of the best things about living where we do is that we can let Joshy roam about outside by himself. I do like being outside, but only when it's warm. Like Jeneva, Joshy claims he never gets cold. How is that possible!?
elisa

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I hate it too. Brittney doesn't beg too much, luckily - I probably wouldn't take her!!!