Tuesday, December 23, 2008

merry christmas

Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus: Experiencing the Peace and Promise of Christmas

Are you ready for Christmas? I purchased this book at the beginning of December in hopes to read through it as an advent devotional to prepare me for this season. It is called Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus: Experiencing the Peace and Promise of Christmas. It is a collection of 22 advent devotionals from various authors.

I am sure that Steve and I will read through this book every December. It has been an encouragement to my soul and has helped me better prepare for this Christmas in the midst of what the world says about it.

Let it be about Christ this Christmas!

"'Tis all I ask. Your emptiness, your nothingness, your want of feeling, your want of goodness, your want of grace---all these will be but room for him. Have you room for him? Oh! Spirit of God, lead many to say, 'Yes, my heart is ready.' Ah! Then he will come and dwell with you."
~Charles Spurgeon, chapter 9

3 comments:

Caryn said...

I got this book at the beginning of Dec as well. It's been a blessing!

Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie said...

Sounds great, I'll have to pick it up! We had trouble with advent this year because we are transitioning from relying on our parents' traditions to forming our own. This sounds veyr helpful :) Thanks for the recommendation! And I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!!!

(P.S. I accidentally left this comment under Jake's account and then deleted it, so in case it still shows up, that's why :)