Saturday, February 9, 2008

guilty...


A week ago I was upstairs with Jude. Jeneva was downstairs 'playing.' Or so I thought. I came down the stairs to find my favorite and most lush plant destroyed. This is what's left of it. Not so lush anymore. The leaves were one by one plucked off and then torn in to multiple pieces. She made a very nice little path through the dining room and in to the living room. I'm still not sure of the motive behind this. I was not a happy or even very proud mom at this point. I am very thankful though that the Lord gave me the self control to exhibit grace to my four year old. Everything in me was screaming "what were you thinking!" I calmly (with a red face) asked her to pick up each and every piece and go to her room for some time to think about what she just did. I do not always react this way in situations such as this. A week later we are still nursing our beloved plant back to health and will continue to do so until she is back in full bloom.

No comments: