Sunday, June 8, 2014

school's out

The kids had their last day of Kindergarten and 4th grade on Friday.  Field Day was tiring and totally wore them out!  Jude slept til 9:30 the next day.  I always get a little emotional and teary on the last day.  Bye teachers, thank you for educating my kiddos.  This year was an exceptional year too.  They both had fantastic teachers who really seemed to "get" both of my kids.  They were really intuitive and a good combination of strict and sweet.  When my kids are happy (most days anyway) to go to school, that makes me happy!

Summer isn't totally planned out yet, but some things on the calendar are swimming lessons, tennis lessons with lots of friends, a book club for Jeneva and summer camp as well, maybe soccer camp for Jude (who appears to have some skills!), possibly a family trip to Duluth in August, and a trip to Iowa to drop the kids off for a week so I can head to CO for training for a new job!  I was offered a Kindergarten position at RiverTree School.  I will be working 3 mornings a week.  I was not seeking out a job.  It kind of just happened. We definitely sense God's leading in this and see it as an indirect answer to several prayers.  We are excited about this new challenge. 

Justus has been sleeping better at night and he finally started walking at the ripe old age of 20 months!  Crazy kid.  He looks so crazy tall now that he is vertical all of the time! 

All for now.  I always blog before bed and then suddenly get lambasted with tiredness.  It just hit me!  G'night.

No comments: