Monday, May 14, 2012

spring planting

 

Jeneva and I went, a couple of weeks ago, to our neighborhood nursery and bought a few flowers and some perennials to plant in our yard.  We've gotten most of the planting done and have been splitting our overgrown hostas and lilies and replanting them.  Steve got some black dirt mixed with compost from a local farm (our soil is so sandy and not good for gardening unless you haul in better soil to mix in) and we're going to attempt a small garden this year.  He tilled up an area in our back yard and put a border around it.  We'll plant this week sometime.  I like the idea of gardening vegetables, but don't really enjoy it all that much--well at least I didn't when I was a child living on the farm.  *wink* mom.  :)  I think I'm afraid nothing will grow--and it very well may not because my thumb is not green.  It is a very small space though--like 5x7.  Mostly I just want lots of fresh tomatoes!  And the kids want to plant peas and peppers and watermelons.

No comments: