Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day thoughts

"Perhaps there is something more powerful to experience than a perfect mother: the wonder of a committed mother who simply humbles herself. No one gets it perfect. Grace stands in the gaps." ~Ann Voskamp

I love this quote.  I am not and will never be the perfect mother.  It's easier to become discouraged in so many aspects of my mothering.  I often feel discouraged that I'm not doing things the "right" way--or the way that I sometimes perceive other Christians to say is "the right" way.  That's where Grace stands in the gaps.  And that's where I can trust that God's guidance in my life is causing me to walk in such a way that is good and honoring and pleasing to Him no matter what it looks like to the world or to others.


I love being a mom!  I wouldn't have it any other way and I am humbled that God has blessed me with 3 (4 soon) children.  For me, the joy, the fun, the companionship and the responsibility of training far outweigh the weariness, the tantrums, and the struggles of these younger years.  I love my kids more than I ever thought it possible to love another human being!  I love experiencing and enjoying life with them inside the home and outside the home.  Thank you, Jesus for the gift of being a mom.

No comments: