Sunday, November 13, 2011

if you teach your children how to make coffee...


...they just might make it for you a lot. About 3 or 4 days a week Jeneva (and Jude often helps her with this if he's up too) makes coffee for me if I'm not up yet. She usually gets up about 15 minutes before me. This is what was waiting for me the other day. Not JUST the coffee brewing in the pot, but a nice little place set for me at the table! It wasn't Mother's Day and it wasn't my birthday. It was just Jeneva being Jeneva--sweet and servant-hearted. That little plate with black stuff is chocolate syrup just in case I wanted to make a "mocha". The coffee she brewed and poured into the nice pitcher and accompanied it with a bowl of half-n-half and sugar. The tea cup and saucer of perfectly poured coffee with none other than honey roasted peanuts and a candy cane on the side. Mmmm. Interesting choice of breakfast. :)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

What a precious girl! There are gifts of thoughtfulness, hospitality, and kindness written all over that love-act. I'm excited to see how God will grow her gifts!

Jenna said...

oh, she has the gift of hospitality at such a young age! i love her. she's my favorite kid that's not mine. she always has been.

Anonymous said...

Can Jeneva give Lydia a few lessons?

Dina

laverta said...

So Sweet!!!!!!