Friday, January 28, 2011

provision

I was trying to take a little nap this afternoon, but my mind wouldn't let me. I had a conversation with a friend just last night about how God provides in such unexpected ways. I was just reflecting on how He's provided for us in the past several years. Nothing huge and earth shattering. But big to us none-the-less and enough to remind us how much He cares for us and provides for us what we need (and so much more!). TWO times in the past several years we have opened our mailbox to find an envelope containing cash from an anonymous giver. Both times we were in the midst of some minor, but unforseen financial circumstance. And one of those times the cash amount was EXACTLY what we needed to cover our bill. I don't know how these givers knew of our need. They probably didn't. They probably simply sought the Lord and He directed them. God is so good. I am thankful. I want to be like the faithful disciples who gave to us and be sure that I am hearing when and how the Lord wants to use me to bless others too. And then I want to obey. Of course I could list many other ways in which God has provided for us in the past several years. These two incidences are just out of the ordinary and stick out in my mind.

1 comment:

Annika said...

Isn't God good! I find writing down the little and big things helps me remember He takes care of ALL my needs.