Saturday, September 25, 2010

i'm serious. seriously!


A friend recently told us that our kids all have that "serious" look about them. When they're not smiling they've got the furrowed brow thing happening. This picture of Josie is evidence of that look. I realized it even more the other day when I was getting out of the van at Target and a lady was getting into her car next to me she said (about Jude and Jeneva) "What are you doing to those kids?! They look miserable!" I think she was implying that they weren't smiling at that moment and apparently they had that serious furrowed brow look. Really though, miserable? They weren't miserable. They were just riding in the van. Should I expect my kids to have smiles on their faces when they are riding in the van? Maybe I should. After all, vans ARE like super fun you know.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

what the heck? why would someone say that to you? i've NEVER thought your kids were anything but happy. they ARE happy kids.

sometimes people (kids included!) have a furrowed brow when they are thinking about things. it's normal.

Marie said...

haha some people don't have filters. that's some major word vomit right there!

laverta said...

I got that from alot of people about my kids too when they were little - I can't believe a stranger would make that random comment though