Thursday, September 30, 2010

if he wears it, they will comment.....

Does the title of this post remind you of a certain ridiculous movie? Iowa, however, is a great place and every time one of my children wears something "Hawkeye" in this Gopher state, someone else out there with eyes for black and gold will say "I'm from Iowa!" or give my child a high five and say "Go Hawks!" We don't really even follow college sports *gasp*, but the kids do feel some sense of ownership for Iowa and know it must be great because Grandma and Grandpa live there. As I was putting this sweatshirt on Jude the other day I asked him who lives in Iowa? (assuming he would say Grandma and Grandpa). You know what he said instead? "God does." I can almost see my folks weeping tears of joy right now. So, THIS is for all of you Iowa lovers out there!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Love it! Yes, God does certainly live in Iowa. :)

Hoichi said...

Um, he is just too CUTE for words!

iowagramma said...

I usually don't make a comment, but to this one I say, "that's my boy!!" Children speak volumes with their innocent responses. He is so right on! Love ya Jude,from Grandma and Grandpa in Iowa