Sunday, April 5, 2009

random family update 4

Blog posts have been very few and far between lately. Number 2 sort of indicates a reason for that.

1. I'm 12 weeks pregnant. :)

2. I've been nauseus, tired, unmotivated, and pretty weary for the past 5 weeks. Starting to feel better, though.

3. Jeneva will most likely go to Park Spanish Immersion School in the fall. Though, we're still considering Hope Academy. Two totally different schools. I'm so torn!

4. Jude is walking!

5. Jude got a bloody nose on the way to church this morning and of course we had no wet wipes in the car so I had to take him into church with blood ALL OVER his face and hair. It was a humbling moment. :)

6. I went to a Campus Crusade for Christ banquet/dinner thing on Saturday night and my friend and I got trapped in the parking garage downtown afterwards for an hour. This was AFTER we had to run about 8 blocks in the rain and dress clothes and no coats to the parking garage because the skyway was closed.

7. Steve has begun biking to work (4.5 miles one way) again and quickly realized how out of shape he has gotten over this long Minnesota winter.

8. We're considering and praying about a 2 day a week teaching position (5th grade) for me next year. Steve would be at home with the kids on those days.

9. I made two trips to Iowa in March solo with the kids. One trip was for my grandma's 90th birthday party and involved lots of fun relatives!

10. With kid number 3 on the way, I am really really wanting a mini-van. I NEVER thought I would be saying that!

11. We're trusting in God to supply us with ALL of our needs according to his riches in Christ Jesus! Some days I feel pretty weak, but I'm not without HOPE.

15 comments:

Jamie said...

Me too! Twelve weeks tomorrow - due date 10/19. How about you? I'm also feeling a little better these days, but was right there with you for waaay too long. :(

Marie said...

Great post... especially the minivan part :) I swore I would never want one when I was younger, but now I see them and get a little covetous. Haha!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. You've got a lot going on. The Buttons will keep you guys in prayer as you navigate through all these activities and decisions

e&e said...

Congratulations, Tiffany! I'm so excited for you and already wondering what awesome "J" name this little one might have.

Going from two to three has been wonderful for us; we'll pray the same for you.

And I'd have to say the same thing about the van. It's been wonderful, though it's still a bugger for me to park.

hugs,
elisa

laverta said...

When I had the 3 little ones I wanted a mini van so bad - they were just becoming popular but it just wasn't in the budget - now the kids are all grown & gone - we now have a mini van - I'm going to pray you get yours when you need it most. They are pretty awesome to travel in.

Hoichi said...

Congratulations Tiffany! What wonderful news!

Joann said...

When all of our friends got vans, we thought about it, but couldn't see the $$$ for it. Looking back, I am kind of glad we never did. I will admit the 3 boys fought a LOT in the back (touching, you know) but I read to them a lot while Stan was driving and that would have been much harder if we had been spread out on 3 seats. The boys loved being read to and still talk about the books we went through. ~~ Joann

.kp. said...

glad to hear you are feeling better. maybe energy will pick up this next trimester as well. i always thought the 2nd was the best; not too sick, big enough to be known as pregnant but not as the side of a house, etc.

any name options picked yet?

Jenny said...

Great to hear you're feeling a bit better, Tiff.

Our minivan story is like this: Me, kicking and screaming to the dealership when we bought our van: NOOOOOOOO! I don't want a minivan!!
Me, driving out of the dealership in my new (well, new to me...) minivan: Aaaaaaaah. I LOVE this thing! I love it! Wooooooohooooooo!!! YAAAAAAAY!

Still love it.

Yvette said...

Does this mean that Robbinsdale Spanish is no longer an option?

Sara said...

Congrats on being prego - I've been meaning to send you a message, but like you, I have been really low on energy. Crazy that we are both due mid-oct. with #3. Also I am very jealous that you have the option for your kids to go to a Span. school. I would love that! And last but not least ... you are a brave woman for saying that you really want a minivan. :) I have come around to the minivan and have to admit it is way too convient. I do however dream of days to come when I will again have a "cool" ride. :) Oh ya, and "go Jude!"

Unknown said...

congrats Dykstras!

Dawn S. said...

Congratulations, Tiffany! That is so exciting!

Erin said...

My gosh you know a lot of people!

Caryn said...

Oh WOW...that's such a blessing! I'll be praying for you and the little one.