Sunday, April 26, 2009

mama sometimes buys the knock off brands

While in Costco yesterday, Jeneva pointed out to me the oversized bin of colorful Crocs.

"Mom, can I get a pair of Crocs?"

"Not now. Besides, you already have a pair."

"Mom, mine aren't REAL Crocs. They're generic."

Okay, so I remember very clearly the day we bought her "Crocs." They were on clearance at Target. I called them "Crocs" and Jeneva has always referred to them as her "Crocs." I wondered why she recently started calling them her "Pink Shoes." Now I know. *sigh*

I certainly like my Chaco's and Keen's and wouldn't settle for a knock off brand of them. However, she is only five. She is going to have to settle this time.

Thankfully, she didn't really care that hers aren't real. I just found it humorous that she called her's "generic."


Jeneva's "pink shoes" are on the right. Her friend's Crocs are on the left.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

hilarious. shhh... don't tell C&A. They don't know what generic IS yet. Ignorance is bliss for the mommy.

I remember begging my mom for Guess jeans in elementary school. My Sears knock-offs didn't quite cut it.

Marie said...

Your daughter is hilarious!!! Keep the great stories coming.

How are you feeling? :)

Caryn said...

That is funny! "Generics" are definitely the way to go especially for a 5 yr old.

BTW - It was my pleasure advertising the Legacy Bracelets on my blog. I'm always looking for opportunities to show mine off! :-)

Rachel said...

Busted. Yeah, I would be mama of croc-clad friend.

In my defense, I bought them after seeing the blisters the knock-offs made on my cousin's kids' feet. Kudos to anyone who followed that sentence.

Sadly, my official crocs have not lived up to their name.

First the strap broke on our way to my family reunion. Thankfully, my cousin had some crazy strong fishing line to repair them.

Then the base that holds the strap broke while we were at Sea World, which left us toting around a near forty-pound four-year-old. Not Cool!

So the crocs are not all their cracked up to be.

Bobbi Kenow said...

what a little smarty girl...so sassy :)