Saturday, March 8, 2008

and now we are back

We are apparently exhausted from a long but very fun week in Iowa. My old stomping grounds.We loaded up the car last Saturday morning. Dropped my honey (gee, I'm sounding like Yvette) off in Cottage Grove where he then left for Little Falls to take a paramedics refresher course for the Guard. Jeneva, Jude and I headed south where you would THINK it would be a bit warmer. It wasn't. We are on highway 52 just across the Iowa/Minnesota border and immediately brake off the cruise control and "white-knuckle" it for about 45 minutes through black ice, blowing snow, and the sight of semi's and pick-up trucks in the ditches. God was gracious. We made it without so much as a little screech and slide at a stop sign. Jude slept the entire time and Jeneva listened to Adventures in Odyssey and then told me stories of little girls and birthday parties, pandas and peacocks. "Wake me up when we get to Grandpa's path, Mommy." Jeneva said. Apparently to a city kid a gravel road is called a 'path.'

While we were there, Jeneva helped my dad and mom get ready for their next batch of 8,000 turkeys.


We spent some time with my grandma's. Jeneva and Jude's GREAT grandma's. They are great for sure!
We also visited with an old friend and her three super cute kids, ate a lot of my moms AMAZING food, took some much needed naps, and visited a few aunts, uncles and cousins.
We had a super time. I am so thankful to God for blessing me with GREAT parents! They love Jesus and pray for their grand babies daily. That's one of the greatest gifts!

1 comment:

Yvette said...

I forgot that you came from a farming background. That's so neat that your kids can experience both city & country life through their family.

Yes, "Honey" is a favorite term of endearment in our household. We have a few more, but I won't share them.