Friday, March 23, 2012

random family update

~Being pregnant with number four has brought about many unexpected emotional occurrences. Excited? Yes! Four has always been kind of our dream family size number. And I'm so thankful for God blessing us in this way. Overwhelmed? Yes! Four is a lot of little mouths to feed. Nauseated? MORE THAN EVER! Weeks 4-12 (I'm 12 weeks now) have been utterly miserable beyond description. I went on some medication for a while and that helped a bit. Tired? Of course. There's no way around that. I get out of breath walking up the stairs. Determined to enjoy this pregnancy? Yes! Once I'm over the hump of feeling sick, I think I will truly enjoy this pregnancy-maybe not the final few weeks, but hopefully everything in between.

~Jeneva very enthusiastically volunteered to play her violin for March Music Madness at her school yesterday. She only had to play one song--and I think she was mostly excited about the free t-shirt she got. We need to work on her performing skills I think. She played her song 3x faster than it's supposed to be played and then RAN off stage. It was hilarious!

~The weather this March has been unusually warm (mid 70's day after day!). I LOVE IT! It's been truly a gift from God just for me I think. He is relieving me a bit from my winter blues mixed with pregnancy insanity.

~Almost every morning for the past week or two Jude, Josie and I go down to the creek by our house after Jeneva gets on the bus. They spend an hour or two throwing sticks and rocks in the water, trapsing through mud, and hiding in the trees. It's awesome! I love seeing them play so nicely together AND it uses up some of their energy for the day resulting in nice long afternoon naps for both of them. Them taking naps is vital to me taking a nap. And naps for me are VITAL!

~We are so thankful that Steve has a job. He has never gotten laid off or anything, it provides for our family, and the insurance is good. However, he is not satisfied there and we hate his schedule (he works weekends and has two weekdays off). We are praying earnestly for a change and hope God answers that prayer soon. He has been applying for different jobs here in the Twin Cities as well as in Iowa City. Obviously if an Iowa City job happened, that would mean an out of state move and a huge life change. Trusting that God has a plan for us and trying to be patient and satisfied until he shows us what that plan is.

~We are headed to the North Shore (north of Duluth) next weekend for 3 nights. Some friends offered us their time share right on Lake Superior. We are excited for a little family get-away and love it up there. Minnesota at it's best!

~The kids are outside painting right now. I better go supervise before they end up needing bath number two for the day!Italic

No comments: